Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the most well-liked yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence. Working towards Surya Namaskar day by day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which is able to enable you to lead your life in a better method and affect your creativity and intuitive skills. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it doable for folks of all age teams and all sizes to carry out it, anytime, anyplace.
Desk of Contents
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has developed, and its poses have differed into varied types and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into varied varieties of yoga types. Let’s check out them within the part beneath:
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar sequence, solar salutations have two kinds. -Kind A and B. Kind A, consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
- Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiration prominently. It is likely one of the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar types and presumably the simplest one.
- Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is much like the Hatha apply, however right here the main focus is a bit more on tempo and vitality, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar sorts.
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 traditional poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1: Prayer pose – Pranamasana.
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your toes collectively, and preserving arms free alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and produce your palms to satisfy within the middle of your chest. Loosen up the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps in gaining the steadiness of the physique.
- It additionally helps relieve stress and nervousness.
Pose 2: Raised arms pose – Hasta Uttanasana
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Concentrate on breathing-in once you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscular tissues of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and all the way down to the knees; as you come ahead, preserve the backbone lengthy.
- Palms down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee. Maintain this place for a number of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and opens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscular tissues.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes underneath.
- On the similar time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms all the way down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscular tissues and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5: Mountain pose – Parvatasana
- Slowly exhale, having management carry your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the precise, carry your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by your backbone, carry the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6: Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, decrease your knees down and slowly, with a managed chest, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Preserve your elbows proper in in opposition to your sides; providing you with extra power.
- Now, as you construct extra power on this transition, you’ll be able to decrease the chest down and nonetheless preserve your hip up within the air.
- It improves the pliability of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up stress.
- Your eight physique elements are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7: Cobra pose – Bhujangasana
- Preserve fingers and toes proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Preserve your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, legs muscle, .
Pose 8: Mountain pose – Parvatasana.
- When you exhale, tuck the toes underneath. (similar as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by the backbone, bringing the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths right here. As you exhale carry the hips in direction of the sky and press your fingers into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood circulate to the spinal area.
- It relieves signs of menopause in ladies.
Pose 9: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana.
- Convey the left foot forwards between the fingers, and push the pelvis forwards. Raise the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and searching as much as the sky (similar as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscular tissues and tones the stomach organs.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, preserve the precise foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (similar as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee.
- It helps in curing insomnia, osteoporosis, headache, nervousness, and stress.
Pose 11: Raised Arms Pose- Hasta Uttanasana
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (similar as pose 2)
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It cures well being issues like bronchial asthma, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which leads to a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12: Standing Mountain pose – Tadasana.
- Then, ultimately, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (similar as pose 1).
- Convey your arms down, gradual and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and assist to achieve management over your muscular actions.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, preserving you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
Different Advantages of Surya Namaskar:
- Stability of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of steadiness on account of varied causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis dangerous actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nonetheless, you’ll be able to preserve your dosha in keeping with practising Surya Namaskar day by day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscular tissues will definitely make you lose extra calories by Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which might be liable for weight achieve.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an amazing significance for kids to strengthen their focus and loosen up their minds whereas decreasing sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and adverse emotion at a dispositional degree. It may assist to revitalize the mind by partaking the spinal wire. A day by day 15-minute apply can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are aplenty. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing along with your breath providing you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common apply of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely provides you monumental advantages that allow you to uncover who you’re but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!