You solely want 5 elements to make this creamy and tangy Simple Vegan Mayo. This aquafaba-based mayo is ideal for spreading on a sandwich, mixing into salads, or topping your veggie burgers!
You solely want just a few easy elements to make this thick and creamy aquafaba mayo. Now you do not have to lengthy for that tangy non-vegan white condiment anymore—you may make your personal mayo that matches your dietary wants!
The beauty of this recipe is that it provides you an excuse to make one other chickpea dish! Dissipate the chickpeas (leftover from the aquafaba on this mayo recipe) in some tasty Make & Freeze Quinoa Chickpea Meatballs or some scrumptious Chickpea Blondies. Or, whip up considered one of my private favourite dishes, Indian Butter Chickpeas!
This Simple Vegan Mayo recipe is…
- Made with 5 elements
How you can Make Simple Vegan Mayo
- Mix all of the elements however the oil in a jar. Start pulsing with an immersion blender.
- Whereas mixing, slowly add within the oil. Elevate up barely as you’re mixing to assist incorporate air.
- Your mayo will start to thicken after a couple of minutes. Add oil as you go to create the proper mayo consistency.
Ideas & Tips for Simple Vegan Mayo
It’s essential combine your mayo in a container that matches tightly round your immersion blender. In case your container is simply too huge, the mayonnaise will not mix up the precise approach. The emulsion will not work with no tight container.
Keep in mind that this recipe takes time to whip up. So be affected person, and add the oil slowly. Should you simply dump the oil in unexpectedly, the feel of your mayo is not going to be creamy or fluffy such as you need.
Do not throw out the chickpeas after eradicating the aquafaba! You possibly can retailer them within the fridge or use them in a special recipe, like this tasty Cinnamon Apple Chickpea Cake!
Variations to Simple Vegan Mayo
Contemplate including in some garlic, smoked paprika, Cajun spice, and even chives. This can be a smart way so as to add a layer of taste to your aquafaba mayo! Simply combine in your spices and many others. after your mayo has emulsified.
In order for you a special taste, go forward and use olive oil as an alternative of the sunflower oil. Olive oil will give your mayo a extra pungent taste. Canola oil can be utilized as a substitute as nicely.
Simple Vegan Mayo FAQs
What if my mayo remains to be watery?
If, after a couple of minutes of whipping, your mayo remains to be actually watery, add a little bit bit extra oil and mix for one more jiffy. This can assist to include air into the aquafaba.
How lengthy will this mayo final?
If saved correctly, your mayo can final in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 7 days. Simply combine collectively your mayo after which use as you’ll for the recipe or snack you’re consuming.
Are you able to freeze this vegan mayonnaise?
Sadly, you will see that this recipe doesn’t freeze nicely. Solely make what mayo you propose to make use of earlier than it goes dangerous. This recipe could be very easy, so you may simply whip up some mayo whenever you want it.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup sunflower oil or canola oil
- ⅓ cup aquafaba (aquafaba is the water that comes with canned chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
Be sure you have an immersion blender and a container that matches tightly round it to make this recipe.
Place the aquafaba, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and salt into the container.
Begin pulsing elements with the immersion blender. Whereas mixing, start to slowly add the oil.
Make certain to pour the oil in slowly to offer time for the emulsion to occur. Elevate the blender barely as you mix to let some air into the combination.
Hold pulsing the blender whereas including the remainder of the oil, till the oil is all included and mixed. You’ll discover how the combination begins to emulsify and thicken as you go.
If the mayo remains to be too liquidy after a few minutes, add extra oil and mix for just a few extra minutes, permitting some extra air to get contained in the emulsion.
- Hold the mayonnaise in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 7 days.
- Make a flavored vegan mayonnaise by including elements like garlic, smoked paprika, or contemporary chives.
- The important thing to success is to make use of a container that matches tightly round your immersion blender, to attain the emulsion.
- Be affected person when mixing—add the oil slowly, and carry the mixer just some occasions to assist the emulsion occur.
- The chickpeas which are left behind from the aquafaba can be utilized for one more recipe!
- You should utilize olive oil as an alternative of the sunflower/canola oil, should you don’t thoughts the extra pungent taste.
Serving: 2gEnergy: 994kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFats: 110gSaturated Fats: 11gPolyunsaturated Fats: 4gMonounsaturated Fats: 92gSodium: 452mgPotassium: 55mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg