- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F and grease or line a 12-muffin tin. I prefer to grease the pan and place small strips of parchment paper in it to make the cups simpler to take away.
- Make the Crust: Put together the flax egg and permit it to thicken. Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk to mix. Type a nicely within the centre of the bowl and pour within the flax eggs. Use a spatula to combine every thing collectively, finally transferring on to kneading along with your fingers. As soon as a non-sticky dough ball has fashioned divide the dough into 12 even parts for the muffin tin.
- Bake the Crust: Use your fingers to flatten every dough ball, then place the ball into the bottom of 1 muffin tin. Use damp fingers to press the crust evenly alongside the bottom and sides of the tin; repeat with the remaining balls. Bake within the center rack of the oven for 14 to fifteen minutes, then take away from the oven and switch to a baking rack to chill barely.
- Make the Filling: Whereas the crust is baking, add the tofu, cashews, agave, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt to a high-speed blender. Mix on excessive for 45 to 60
- Assemble: spoon ~2 tablespoons of the custard into every pie shell, filling it as much as the highest. Place the tarts within the fridge and permit the custard to set. That is ideally carried out in a single day, however they need to sit for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve: as soon as the custard has set, take away the tarts from the fridge and high with recent berries. Function desired; leftovers will maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Cashews: if you happen to neglect to soak your cashews in a single day, cowl them in water, microwave for two minutes, then allow them to sit for a minimum of 1 hour to melt earlier than utilizing.
Coconut Oil: the coconut oil on this recipe helps the tart to set – if you happen to go away it out, it is going to be too runny. I like to recommend utilizing refined coconut oil (vs. virgin or uncooked) as a result of it has no distinct coconut style.
Different Substitutions: tapioca flour might be changed with arrowroot powder.