Pineapple Curry is a creamy and flavorful vegetarian curry that makes an unbelievable dinner paired with rice. This 25-minute curry is considered one of my favourite go-to curry recipes!
Stuffed with onions, garlic, pineapple, and a handful of heat spices, children and adults alike will love this creamy pineapple curry recipe. Take into account including in different greens to make it even heartier.
This Pineapple Curry Is…
- Easy Weeknight or Weekday Dinner
- 25-Minute Dinner
How one can Make Pineapple Curry
- Add oil right into a skillet on the range.
- Toss in onions, garlic, and pineapple. Prepare dinner till the onions are translucent.
- Add spices and proceed to prepare dinner for a few minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and milk. Prepare dinner, stirring usually, till the sauce thickens. This takes round 10 minutes.
- As soon as creamy, serve the pineapple curry over a mattress of rice, cauliflower rice, and many others.
Professional Ideas and Tips
Finest Pineapple To Use For Curry
I used crushed pineapple once I made this curry. I discovered it created the perfect texture. Take into account that additionally, you will use the juice from the can.
For those who use a larger-chunked pineapple, you may discover the larger items is likely to be overpowering while you eat it.
Prepare dinnering Spices
Ensure so as to add your spices to the pan and permit them to prepare dinner for a minute or two earlier than including the milk and juice. You need to do that as a result of it helps to carry out the extraordinary flavors of every of the spices. For those who prepare dinner your spices, you’ll discover an enormous distinction within the heat of the spices within the curry dish.
Including Greens Into Curry
Take into account including diced peppers, carrots, or different greens to make your curry even heartier. You would even drain and toss in some chickpeas for added depth of taste.
For those who don’t need to use common milk, you would swap it with coconut milk and even unsweetened almond milk. It ought to prepare dinner up okay and supply an identical taste to cow milk on this curry recipe.
- If you would like, toss in some tofu.
- Coconut milk will add a creamy texture.
- Drizzle with some yogurt on prime for a topping.
- Cashews or nuts add a enjoyable crunch to the curry dish.
- Serve with Naan bread, mango rice, basic white rice, and many others.
Pineapple Curry FAQs
What’s Pineapple Curry?
Pineapple curry is a candy and savory curry that makes an ideal dinner or aspect dish. The principle ingredient on this curry is pineapple—and it’s so tasty and easy to make.
Do you want coconut milk to make curry?
I needed to create a curry that didn’t require coconut milk. If you would like, you should utilize coconut milk, however cow milk works nice on this recipe.
Can I exploit contemporary pineapple as an alternative of canned on this curry?
If you would like, you may chop up contemporary pineapple into small bits as you’d for a crushed pineapple from a can. This can work simply as properly. Simply make sure that to chop your pineapple up into smaller bits.
Craving Extra Dinner Concepts?
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Can Pineapple Chunks 20 Ounces
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice reserved from can
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Salt to style
Warmth olive oil in a pan over medium warmth.
Sauté the onion, garlic, and pineapple till the onions are translucent, about 3–5 minutes.
Add spices to the pan and proceed to prepare dinner and stir for a minute or two.
Slowly add the milk and juice whereas stirring. Let the combination simmer till it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Salt to style.
Serve over rice and revel in!
Energy: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 13gFats: 39gSaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 24mgSodium: 128mgPotassium: 943mgFiber: 7gSugar: 30gVitamin A: 719IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 422mgIron: 8mg