These wholesome stuffed zucchini are oven baked and full of fluffy quinoa and coarsely chopped walnuts and raisins. Served with a creamy, vegan puree, these stuffed zucchinis make for a chic important course or a easy facet salad.
These quinoa stuffed zucchinis are utterly vegan and tremendous versatile! You possibly can simply change out the filling substances with different greens and spices and have a very new meal!
All you do to make these vegetarian stuffed zucchinis is to hole out the zucchini, fill them together with your favourite greens and grains, and pop them within the oven to bake.
You then mix the zucchini filling with lemon juice, garlic, salt, and onion, and you’ve got your creamy zucchini sauce! It’s tremendous easy, and tremendous scrumptious!
This wholesome stuffed zucchini recipe is…
- prepared in 45 minutes
- a simple important course
Tips on how to Make Wholesome Stuffed Zucchini
- Cook dinner the quinoa in line with the bundle directions and put aside.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with aluminum.
- Wash and dry the zucchinis. Slice of each ends off and reduce them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the zucchini flesh in order that the zucchini appears like a ship.
- Put aside the additional flesh for later.
- Place the zucchini boats open facet up on the baking sheet.
- Chop the raisins and the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, mix the raisins and walnuts with the quinoa and diced onions.
- Then add the coriander, pepper, lemon zest, and salt to the medium bowl.
- Combine the filling totally.
- Scoop the filling into the hollowed-out zucchini, packing it as tightly as doable.
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchinis.
- Bake the vegetarian stuffed zucchini till it’s barely delicate, and the quinoa combination is browned on prime.
- Whereas the quinoa stuffed zucchini is within the oven, put together the puree.
- Warmth olive oil in a saucepan over the range.
- Caramelize the onions within the oil, stirring it ceaselessly in order to not burn.
- Cut back the warmth, and add the minced garlic, salt, and the scooped-out zucchini. Then stir within the lemon juice.
- Cook dinner this over the range whereas stirring often till the combination turns into delicate.
- Use an immersion blender or a daily blender to puree the combination till it’s gentle and creamy.
- When the zucchinis are executed baking, serve them with the puree.
Scroll down for the total recipe with measurements and detailed directions.
Ideas & Tips
An immersion blender is sort of a hand mixer, but it surely acts extra as a daily blender. It’s typically used to mix soups and sauces whereas they’re nonetheless within the pot.
Sprinkle with Vegan Cheese
If you wish to make your filling a bit of creamy, after you’ve crammed the wholesome, stuffed zucchini boats, prime them with some vegan cheese.
If you wish to add a bit of crunch, sprinkle the highest of the cheese with Panko Japanese breadcrumbs.
Experiment with Flavors
When you don’t like several of the substances on this vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe, you may change them out for another choices. Attempt cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, or olives.
FAQs About Wholesome Stuffed Zucchini
Do you eat the pores and skin on zucchini boats?
Sure! You possibly can eat the pores and skin on the zucchini boats. Simply ensure you clear the pores and skin correctly.
Simply understand that the bigger zucchinis could have more durable pores and skin and bitter style. So, lean towards use medium-sized zucchinis for these wholesome, stuffed zucchinis.
Ought to I peel zucchini earlier than cooking?
No want! The zucchini pores and skin will make it in order that your quinoa stuffed zucchini holds collectively higher because it cooks.
Extra Zucchini Recipes
When you love these stuffed zucchini, then you need to check out these different recipes.
Servings: 4 individuals
- 90 gram quinoa
- 850 gram zucchini or summer season squash
- 50 gram walnuts
- 40 gram golden raisins
- 120 gram crimson onion diced
- 2 gram floor coriander
- 5 gram salt
- 1 gram floor pepper
- 4 gram lemon zest
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 15 gram garlic minced
- 60 ml olive oil divided
Cook dinner quinoa in line with bundle directions.
Preheat oven to 375°F/190 C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum.
Wash and dry zucchini. Slice off each ends and reduce in half lengthwise.
Scoop about 1 – 1 ½”/2.5 – 4cm deep out of the zucchini flesh. Set further flesh apart for later. Place zucchini boats open facet up on baking sheet.
Coarsely chop raisins and walnuts.
In a medium bowl, mix quinoa, walnuts, raisins, and ½ c/60g diced onions. Add coriander, pepper, lemon zest, and ½ tsp/3g salt.
Combine the filling totally. Scoop into the hollowed-out zucchini, packing in as tightly as doable. Drizzle 2 tbsp/30ml of olive oil over the zucchini.
Bake for 25 minutes till zucchini is barely delicate and quinoa combination appears flippantly browned on prime.
Whereas zucchini is baking, put together puree.
Warmth 2 tbsp/30ml olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. Caramelize ½ c/60g diced onion in oil for 4-5 minutes, stirring ceaselessly.
Cut back warmth to med-low. Add minced garlic, ¼ tsp/2g salt, and scooped out zucchini insides. Stir in lemon juice.
Cook dinner for 10 minutes, stirring often, till very delicate. Utilizing an immersion blender or switch too a daily blender and puree till gentle and creamy.
When zucchini are baked, serve instantly with puree.
Energy: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 9gFats: 25gSaturated Fats: 3gSodium: 507mgPotassium: 881mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 425IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 3mg